Abundant Living at Valley Oak

Friday, February 6, 2009

Cookbook Fun

A yummy healthy dinner. I cooked this in the slow cooker. The meat was so tender, if flaked with the fork. A nice low fat, heart healthy taco. Yummy!




I love to cook. Maybe that is why I attend w.w.? Here are just a few of my favorite cookbooks. I have several boxes in the garage. But I use many of these on a weekly basis. Some are just neat to read.

This a one that the cute guy brought back from Williamsburg, 8 years ago. I have never cooked out of it, but it so neat to read. This is one of my special treasures. The cute guy always knows just the right gift. :)



This is one of my all time favorites. Since I am not frying anymore, I have use this one many times to experiment with roasting. Who new roasted meat could have so much flavor when done correctly. It has been a blessing, and a bargain! I purchased it at TJ-Maxx.


This little jem, was a recent thrift find. I love the recipes, and they really are delicious.


Here is another wonderful find while out thrifting. It works so well with the Home Economics course Audrey is doing this year.


Well I hope you enjoyed reading about my cookbooks. I will share more as I use them. I have a wonderful one for the holidays my mom gave me. Every house wife should have a few good books to fall back on.


Many blessings

No comments: