I am sorry for such a long absence, I have been busy with school, children and loving my husband who has been home for a month.
On to my purpose:
Many of you may know that I am attending the local university, where I am happily working on my degree in nutrition, with the hopes of becoming a Registered Dietitian. For my health communications course I am required to do an out of class education project. I am looking to use my blog for this purpose, and any of you who may want to participate. I am required to have up to 10 feedback comments for the assignment.
I am looking to discuss dietary related issues for individuals with diabetes. Are any of you interested in learning how to control or prevent diabetes, whether it is for you or a loved one. This is the area I plan to work in when I graduate, and have been researching it for 2 other classes. I would love for you to be a part of this journey if you are willing.
I must stress I am not a nutritionist, only a student, and will not be able to give medical advice. I plan to discuss current research, dietary intake, exercise, and recipes. If you are interested would you mind answering a few questions? You can post them in the comments section.
1. Are you at risk for developing diabetes? Family history or being over weight may be indicators.
2. Have you been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes? If so how long ago.
3. Is your diabetes under control?
4. Do you understand how diet effects your diabetes? Have you been given proper education in dietary management, other than a pamphlet?
5. Do you believe you could benefit from further dietary education?
Thank you so much for your help, please pass the word to anyone you think may benefit. This project will run through Dec 1, and may continue if needed.