Abundant Living at Valley Oak

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Art of Writing

I would have to say that writing is my least favorite thing in the world. My grammatical skills are nil. I am the QUEEN of the ever famous ROS, or even better, the fragmented sentence. My spelling stinks. So why do I blog? I have no clue. However this is not the reason for this post. Lack of skill often hinders my teaching. I really struggle with writing assignments for the kids. The older kids took online writing classes. I loved it. My husband (a writer by profession) often works with the kids. I love that, too. But I have a huge fear of teaching writing. Fortunately, I came across a book that helped with the concepts: The Lively Art of Writing. Although I still have a huge fear of passing on my "zeal" for writing, at least I will sound like I know what I am talking about. That is half of the battle. Until next time, enjoy the day.

No comments: