Abundant Living at Valley Oak

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Homemade Rolls...


These Rolls are a family favorite! I have been making them for years, and they don't seem to hang around long. The rolls are very easy to make, especially when I employ the use of my bread machine. I usually make my breads by hand, but this recipe is so easy in the machine. In fact, I only use the bread machine to make dough. I purchased my bread machine at the thrift store for less than 5.00. So don't run out and purchase a new machine. :)

Homemade Rolls
Place ingredients in machine in order they appear in recipe...

1 1/2 c. warm water
1/4 c. oil
2 tbsp. Honey or brown sugar
2 tsp salt
4 c. all purpose flour or half wheat flour/ half white
2 tsp. active dry yeast (make a small well in top of flour)

Set machine to dough cycle and let it run. When the dough cycle is done ( my machine it takes 1 1/2 hours), punch dough down and let rest 10 minutes. (I only do this if I am feeling generous with my time). Pinch off balls of dough a little smaller than a tennis ball or larger than a golf ball if you want smaller rolls. Fold dough to bottom to make smooth top, gently dust with flour and place in a greased baking pan. Place on the stove top (warm area) cover with dish towel and let rise for 30 minutes. Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 20 minutes.
~Blessings


No comments: