Abundant Living at Valley Oak

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Friendly Fillers

Are you ready for Thanksgiving? Do you still have shopping to do? I thought it would be fun look at some healthy options for appetizers. I thought these simple ideas were something all could enjoy. I find these recipes to be quick and simple.

I know most of us tend to whip up all kinds of wonderful treats for the holidays, however they can take a toll on our body and health. Here are somethings to consider:

people eat at social gatherings,
they eat anything, no matter what you put out they will eat it... Trust me, they will.
Take advantage of this...


Serve a nice vegetable platter


Try these cuties, when placed in a nice serving bowl
they offer color and a sweet taste.
Try it, put some out and see if they don't disappear like magic.


To satisfy the sweet tooth, try maple popcorn.
Simple and filling.

Do you have any favorite go to healthy appetizers?

2 comments:

Kim said...

I'd like your recipe for maple popcorn, please! :-)

Gay said...

I too, would like the recipe for maple popcorn. I always have a tray of carrots, cucumbers, celery and dip. They go fast. The younger ones want olives also. For their little fingers, of course.