Abundant Living at Valley Oak

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Casting Pearls: Be Still



As of yesterday my daughter Sara's husband Joshua was diagnosed with Crohns Disease. During our conversation today she said, "So many things are being tossed at us, and so many life changing things are happening so fast..." They are so young Sara is 19, Josh 24, and they have a little one, sweet Emma. I can only imagine the confusion, stress, and anguish they are feeling right now. I am praying for them, and ask for your prayers also.

For Sara,
I know it is hard to see the big picture with all that is happening right now. I can only hope that you continue to trust in the Lord and allow him to guide you through this. I know things are happening so fast, and it feels as if you are barely able to catch your breath. But here is a word from the Lord:

"Be still and know that I am God,
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth!"
The Lord of hosts is with us(you);
the God of Jacob is our (your)fortress. Psalm 46:10-11

Sara take the time (no make the time) to be still and listen for Him, and know the He is God. He is there, and he will show you he is there. I love you with all my heart, and wish I was with you all.
Mom

No comments: