Abundant Living at Valley Oak

Monday, February 23, 2009

Portions for her servant girls

photo by Sara Nicole (my daughter)

Proverbs 31
14 She is like the merchant ships,
bringing her food from afar.
15 She gets up while it is still dark;

she provides food for her family
and portions for her servant girls.


I don't know about you, but at this house if the bell rings, I answer it. If the floor is dirty, I clean it. If the laundry is piled up, I hide it. Not really, but you get the picture. I don't need to travel far to bring food home. I also don't have servant girls to care for, or do I? Sometimes it seems hard to relate to the past, our lives seem so different. Yet there is wisdom that can be applied to your present day life. Do you have a washing machine, a dryer, a refrigerator... then you do have servant girls or maid servants. Even though we do not need to provide food for them, we should provide maintenance for them. I am sure that we have all experienced a time when one of these just quit working. Panic set in, dollar signs filled your eyelids, life was forever doomed. Atleast until the repair man fixed the problem. So remember to treat your servants well, and they inturn will keep you happy. So go find one of your maid servants, appoligize for negleting her and clean her. Remember to clean your dryer lint tray, every load, not only will it help her last and prevent fires, but it will help cut down on your fuel cost.
Today: Fridge cleaning, check the temp gauge on fridge. Pull out and remove dust from back, make sure you have pleanty of space behind for ventilation, clean the dust collector at the bottom of fridge. Enjoy your day

No comments: